For Your Listening Pleasure

This is nothing more than a place to discuss music and all its tasty goodness

Friday, February 19, 2010

Beginning To See The Light (Velvet Underground)

Here it is, my first blog.
I'll title each blog with a song title (I'll give credit to That 70's Show which titled each of their episodes after a song)
One of my professors said that anyone who wants to be a music supervisor (me!) - those who choose music for movies/tv/commercials - needs a blog to get your music recommendations out there to the world. So that's exactly what I've done. Current Obsessions, Playlists, Recommendations, Reviews....it'll be here.
Current Obsessions Charlie Hunter Gentlemen, I Neglected To Inform You You Will Not Be Getting Paid Favorites: 1) You Look Good In Orange 2) Antoine 5) High Pockets and a Fanny Pack Eric Biondo is the trumpet player on this album and also happens to be the trumpet player from one of my favorite bands, TV On The Radio. Charlie Hunter + TV On The Radio Trumpet player = you CANNOT go wrong! Galactic Ya-Ka-May Favorites: EVERYTHING! As a student at Loyola University in New Orleans, this album makes me even more proud be a resident of New Orleans. This album is definitely a different direction for the jazz/funk band. The blend of hip-hop, Stanton Moore's drums, and even one of my favorite New Orleans brass band Rebirth make this album a MUST HAVE. Garage A Trois Power Patriot Jizz. Charlie Hunter on his eight-string guitar, Stanton Moore on drums, MARCO BENEVENTO on keyboards and Skerik on sax....I honestly don't have anything more to say about this album.




Benevento-Russo Duo Best Reason To Buy The Sun Track 3: "Sunny's Song". I was obsessed with this song for the longest time (I listened to it at least 7 times in a row). Marco Benevento is one of the greatest keyboardists of today. I was extremely upset when I missed him at the Blue Nile in New Orleans back in September 2009, but he'll come again, that I am sure of.

No comments: