For Your Listening Pleasure

This is nothing more than a place to discuss music and all its tasty goodness

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Nowhere Again (Secret Machines)

Fuse TV....you remember it. For some reason my reminiscent mood has come out of the closet once again but this time it's managed to spark a different memory. Try and think of when you first started choosing what music you wanted to listen to and how did you find out about that music? For me, I never really used the internet to find new music but Fuse television at 11pm ET showcased the top 25 alternative rock music videos once a week and I remember staying up late just to watch it. I owe Fuse for so much: Kings of Leon, Modest Mouse, Secret Machines, Nine Inch Nails (even tho I don't really like them), The Killers, Franz Ferdinand, My Chemical Romance/The Used (guilty pleasure), Coldplay, Arctic Monkeys, Steriogram, The Vines, etc. To pay homage, listed below are some of the very first music videos I ever witnessed from these bands. Seriously, if you can, think of you favorite band today and try to remember the very first time you discovered them.




VERY FIRST MUSIC VIDEO I HAVE ANY RECOLLECTION OF WATCHING

I don't know how I remember it, but the vision of MJ on top of the statue of liberty if forever imprinted in my mind. Not to mention the babies on top of the world




1. "Four Kicks" - Kings of Leon

VERY. FIRST. SONG. I. EVER. HEARD. FROM. KOL! Storyline: I was in 7th grade, staying up late as usual, watching Fuse. I remember I use to LOVE the Nine Inch Nails music video for "Only" (posted below) so I would stay up just to watch it then I'd turn off the TV and go to bed. But on one special night, I decided to keep the TV on and what was the next video to be shown....."Four Kicks"...and then the obsessions commenced.




"Only" - Nine Inch Nails





"Nowhere Again" - Secret Machines

On every mix cd I made in middle school, this song was on it.




"Float On" - Modest Mouse

I know I'm not the only one who remembers seeing this video and loving it.




"Walkie Talkie Man" - Steriogram

Watch Steriogram - Walkie Talkie Man in Music  |  View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com
I. LOVE. THIS. VIDEO! It's pure genius. I went through a weird yarn phase after seeing this music video.




"Mr. Brightside" - The Killers

Don't deny it. You use to love this song. And probably still do.




"Rebellion (Lies)" - Arcade Fire

Arcade Fire is probably one of the few bands that I can say, I've followed since their debut album and it's all due to this video. I didn't even hear about Kings of Leon or Dogs until their second album.




"Maps" - Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Definitely could've gone lesbo for Karen O after seeing this video




"Yellow" - Coldplay

And to think lead sing Chris Martin came up with "Yellow" cause the closest thing to him when he was writing this song was the yellow pages.




"I'm Not Okay" - My Chemical Romance

Yes, I'll admit it. I love this song. I had the biggest crush on the lead singer Gerard Way (I'm pretty sure he's gay too). But anyways, my love for MCR still exists, "Helena" music video is also up there on my reminiscent music videos.




"Easy/Lucky/Free" - Bright Eyes

I've yet to really get into Bright Eyes, but I remember seeing this video a while back and I just haven't forgotten it since.




"All That I've Got" - The Used

Can someone please tell me what the weird bunny means?




"I Bet That You Look Good On The Dancefloor" - Arctic Monkeys

First time I saw this, I thought they were the weirdest band simply because of how high they were holding their electric guitars but for some reason it intrigued me. I had tickets to see them at the House of Blues but a series of unfortunate events caused me to only see 10 minutes of their show. Redemption is hopefully in the near future.




"Take Me Out" - Franz Ferdinand

Who Doesn't Love this Fucking Song!? (excuse my French). The transition is genius, seriously.




"Ride" - The Vines





"Clint Eastwood" - Gorillaz

Everytime my friends and I would listen to this song, we would immediately stop whatever we were doing and act extremely high passing around invisible joints, etc. It was sight to see. I remember my friends and I wanted all our senior quotes to be from this song. Mine would've been "Finally someone let me out of my cage".




"Swing Swing" - All American Rejects

Yeah, I just did that. Enjoy.



"All Falls Down" - Kanye West

I know it's not rock, but this song....was my jam.




No comments: