For Your Listening Pleasure

This is nothing more than a place to discuss music and all its tasty goodness

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Buttons (The Weeks)

When Pandora first came out, I was immediately a fan. But after creating station after station of various bands like Kings of Leon, The Strokes, and Led Zeppelin, I kept getting all the same artists. Not to seem elitist at all, but there was hardly a band I hadn't heard on Pandora. Until I came across The Weeks on my Kings of Leon radio station. Their debut album Comeback Cadillac is exceptional especially for their age (the average age of the band is 18). Inspired by Allman Brothers and Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Weeks are from Mississippi. Soaked in their deep southern roots, The Weeks tend to crank out this rough-and-tumble modern rock tunes reminiscent of The Replacements. The song I enjoy the most (and the song that popped up on Pandora) is "Buttons". From the intro, it attracts me and then his voice kicks in. I really enjoy bands that have a distinct sound and that distinct sound is usually characterized by the lead singer. Anyways, take a listen.

The Weeks




I made a playlist of my own "Buttons" Pandora radio. It started out pretty typical with some modern southern rock songs paralleling the souther rock feel of "Buttons", then somehow became a blues fest and now I'm in a blues mood. I guess it's sort of inevitable when you have the White Stripes, Raconteurs and Dead Weather on this playlist. Later on I'll make a blues playlist. But anyways, take a listen.

No comments: