For Your Listening Pleasure

This is nothing more than a place to discuss music and all its tasty goodness

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Go Quiet (Jonsi from Sigur Ros)

SIGUR ROS is an AMAZING Icelandic band that paints beautiful landscapes of sound that just remind you of overcast and cold, but crisp and fresh, like your breath on a cold day. I'm from Florida so the whole "winter" aspect of the band is hard for me to grasp but nonetheless....this band is great. They like to pull a "jimmy page" by playing their guitars with viola bows. I've said before, I'm not a lyrics person and vocals just don't typically appeal to me. But the chops on lead singer Jonsi are incredible. His falsetto sprightly godlike voice is from another dimension. Not to mention, it's Icelandic so it's very smooth and enchanting. To put it nicely, they make Sujfan Stevens sound like chopsticks. I can't guarantee everyone who reads this and listens to Sigur Ros will like it, but you need to listen to it without interruptions, just as you're going to sleep or something. It's extremely soothing. Anyways, listen and enjoy.



jónsi - "go quiet" from Jónsi on Vimeo.








No comments: